This is another magical one-ingredient whole food recipe. The hardest part of this recipe is to wait some days for the plantain ripen. A good ripe plantain is mostly or even all black. We’ve seen recipes for traditional fried plantain that use more than 3000 calories of oil, plus added sugar. We love it just like this.
Prep Time: 4 Minutes
Cook Time: 9 Minutes
- Ripe Plantain (mostly black)
- Cut off the top of the plantain, and peel it.
- Slice the plantain into about 1/3″ width pieces.
- Place the slices into a single layer in the air fryer. (If your air fryer has two tiers, go for it.)
- If your air fryer has a spin paddle, remove it.
- Air fry for about 9 minutes. (Check in a few minutes early, or let go longer if it hasn’t caramalized yet. Eventually you’ll recognize when it’s done by the caramelized aroma if you continue to make this snack.)
- Feel free to use a spatula to flip each piece about halfway through. If you don’t have time or inclination, see if you can make this successfully in your air fryer without flipping each piece. Experiment and we’d love to hear what works for you. We did flip the pieces in our teflon-free air fryer.
- Enjoy the candy!
- Air Fryer