Marinated Tofu Soup
The author of this four-ingredient recipe—Healthy Campaign’s own Marjorie Roswell—never liked tofu. But the TofuXpress changed the equation. Some tofu presses simply press, but the TofuXpress marinates and presses at the same time. We always use organic (non-GMO) firm tofu.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 18 Minutes
- 1 organic firm tofu block
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Open the tofu box, and place the tofu in the TofuXpress.
- Spread the remaining ingredients on top of the tofu block.
- Install the tension spring.
- Lock the marinating lid in place. (It takes attention to get the hang of this at first. Make sure it is securely closed.)
- Get some work done. You could marinate for 7 minutes or longer.
- Unlock and remove the marinating lid.
- Make criss-cross cuts to divide the tofu into small pieces.
- Move the tofu pieces from the press into an air fryer, and air fry for 10 minutes.
- Pour the liquid still in the press in a small soup bowl.
- Use a spatula to turn the pieces, and cook longer if it seems you would like it more well done.
- Transfer the tofu into your soup bowl, and enjoy.
- Air Fryer
- Ceramic Knife